Following are the specific characteristics of television:
- It is more impact-full as it is the combination of sound, sight, and motion,
- It has broad reach and mass coverage,
- It is highly intrusive medium,
- It has high absolute cost but cost per thousand is moderate.
Following are the specific characteristics of radio:
- It can reach out to remote audiences,
- It is most cost efficient among all mass media,
- Radio can reach mobile population,
- Radio has local market identification.
- Newspaper is a better option to provide detailed information,
- A publication have different editions for different areas, so there is a geographic flexibility in newspaper,
- Newspaper have different sections, so there is opportunity of targeting special interest groups,
- Newspaper are vehicle for coupon delivery.
Following are the specific characteristics of magazine:
- There are magazines for sports, corporate, business, women. children, etc., so we can say magazines have specific audience selectivity, as they are specialised,
- Magazines have longer life,
- Magazines provide them opportunity for message scrutiny, and geographic and demographic flexibility.
Following are specific characteristics of outdoor media:
- Outdoor media is easily noticeable, and it provides 24 hours coverage,
- Outdoor is location specific media, it has local market presence,
- Outdoor media is Cost efficient medium,
- It can be good reminder media.