Question - Elaborate the statement "Advertising is a form of mass communication", and describe the elements of marketing communication mix.
Advertising is a form of mass communication
Marketing Communication Mix
Elements of communication mix
- Advertising - Advertising is any paid form of nonpersonal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods, or services by an identified sponsor.
- Personal selling - Personal presentation by the firm's sales force for the purpose of making sales and building customer relationship.
- Sales promotion - Short term incentives to encourage sales or purchases of a product or service.
- Public relation - Building good relationship with the company's various publics by obtaining favorable publicity, building up a good corporate image, and handling unfavorable rumors, stories, and events.
- Direct marketing - Direct communication with carefully targeted individual consumers to obtain immediate response and cultivate lasting relationship.
- Sponsorship - Sponsorship is about providing money to an event, in-turn the product or company is acknowledged for doing so.
- E-marketing - Online marketing is also gaining importance these days.