Role of Advertising in Marketing Communication
Process of Advertising
- Briefing - Advertising process starts with briefing - a document confirming understanding between client and advertising agency on - what product to advertise, objective of advertising, time-frame of ad campaign, strategies to reach the audience, and total estimated cost.
- Market Research - After briefing market research will done. Research include - comparison of advertiser's product or service with competitor's product or service, consumers' perception of their brand in comparison to their competitors, study of competitors' advertising, and response of consumers to competitors' advertising.
- Identify Target Audience - Next step is to identify target audience. Using the market research, the advertising agency will identify the target audience.
- Media Selection - Using the research, the advertising agency or the media agency will select the media that should be used to reach the target audience in the most cost effective way.
- Ad Designing & Ad Creation - At this step the creative people of advertising agency will convert the advertising communication into words and pictures. The copywriter will write the copy of advertising and the art director will visually implement the copywriter's message.The advertising agency may get the filming or taping done by outside production companies.
- Decide Place & Time - This step is to decide where and when the advertisement will be shown. Traffic department within the advertising agency will ensure that the commercials are ready on time and all required legal approvals have been granted.
- Execution - Finally the advertisement will be executed.
- Performance Check - Once the advertisement is executed, the media agency will check its performance.