The purpose of MBA Marketing Management Subject is to develop an understanding of the underlying concepts, strategies and issues involved in the marketing of products and services.
Marketing Management contains five modules namely Marketing Concepts and Challenges; Marketing Planning and Control; Marketing Mix, Understanding Customer and Marketing Information System; and Marketing Strategies. It explores the following topics in detail; Social Marketing, Marketing Mix, Customer Value, Competitor Analysis, Consumer Behaviour, Demand Forecasting, Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning.
Module I: Marketing Concepts & Challenges
- Nature and scope of Marketing Management,
- Definition and Meaning of Marketing,
- Nature and Scope of Marketing,
- Marketing Process,
- Marketing Environment,
- Marketing Organisations,
- Marketing Challenges,
- Concept of Green Marketing,
- Concept of Social Marketing,
- Concept of Alliance Marketing,
- Marketing Mix.
Module II: Marketing Planning & Control
Module III: Marketing Mix, 4P's of Marketing
- Product Development,
- Product Life Cycle,
- Product Mix Decisions,
- Branding, Packaging and Labelling,
- Right Pricing, Managing Price Changes,
- Process of Advertising, Sales Promotions, Personal Selling , and
- Value Analysis.
Module IV: Understanding Customer and Marketing Information System
- Types of Consumers,
- Factors influencing consumer behaviour,
- Consumer Decision making Process,
- Conducting Marketing Research and Demand forecasting.
Module V: Marketing Strategy
- Market Segmentation,
- Targeting and Positioning,
- Brand Equity, and
- Crafting Brand Positioning.